Once we have our positions filled we’ll go over more expectations but these are the ones you should know about BEFORE applying so there are no surprises.
Pre- College RA Expectations:
- Have Fun!!!
- RAs should expect to be on campus and in the pre-college area nightly from 5pm through curfew, either in their room, at an activity, or working an activity.
- Outside jobs come second to this job- no working nights, you have from 5am-5pm to do “your own thing”
- RAs get 1 night off a week, 1 weekend off for the program- nights & weekends off are first come first serve and are granted at the descression of the supervisor
- PC Rules apply to PC RAs- Curfew is 11p Sun-Thur, 12am Fri-Sat
- No over night guests are allowed in any of PC Areas- we have a special “RA night off suite” where folks can have guests on their nights off
Hall Monitor Expectations
- Have fun!!!
- This job is for night owls, it runs from Curfew to 5am every night
- No sleeping on the job
- If you don’t show up for your shift you get 1 warning, the next time you’re fired
- Hall monitors are responsible for making sure the Pre-College students stay in the building after curfew
- You may have 1 “guest” sit with you while you are working- their behavior reflects on you.
- in order to receive the free class or free housing, you must work 3 shifts per week.
ALL RISD RLO SUMMER STAFF must at all times maintain relationships with Pre-College students that are professional, ethical, and conducive to an effective, safe learning environment. Summer staff must establish appropriate personal boundaries with students and not engage in any behavior that could reasonably lead to even the appearance of impropriety. While it is appropriate to have friendly and informal relationships with students, you may not have a close, romantic, or sexual relationship with an individual student, regardless of the student’s age and regardless of whether the student may have “consented” to the relationship.
Furthermore, you should not be inviting Pre-College students to parties or engage in/facilitate their involvement with drugs and or alcohol, and are to report any violation (on or off campus) to a Residence Life Staff member.